UMobile was among 14 institutions recognized by the judges as a “Best of Show” winner in the competition sponsored by Higher Education Marketing Report. This year, over 2,000 entries were received from over 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
The university’s “Belief in U” total advertising campaign, created with Hummingbird Ideas in Mobile, AL, was named a Best of Show. The campaign focuses on belief as the foundation of the Christian university, and the university’s belief that a higher education that focuses on academics and spiritual growth prepares graduates to make a real difference in the world.
“Our ‘Belief in U’ message captures so well what is unique about the University of Mobile experience,” said Lesa Moore, executive director of marketing and public relations.
The university’s marketing department worked with Hummingbird Ideas Founding Partner and Creative Director Johnny Gwin to produce the award-winning advertising materials, from brochures and billboards to television ads and social media.
“Creating effective advertising and design is so much easier when you get to work with a client that knows their product,” said Johnny Gwin, partner and creative director at Hummingbird Ideas. “The University of Mobile Marketing Department guided and challenged us to create work that would stand out in a crowded category, but still ring true to the uniqueness of their university. The ‘Belief in U’ campaign inspiration came directly from President Mark Foley’s published essays and new student visitation presentations. Our team just helped them uncover what they were already preaching.”
The university also worked with Jay Adcock of JWA Creative in Atlanta to design award-winning materials including the University of Mobile Magazine (umobilemagazine.com), newsletters and the annual Leadership Banquet banners and advertising.
In addition to Best of Show, the university earned the following awards:
* Gold Award – Newsletter: Charitable Estate Planning (Lesa Moore, JWA Creative)
* Gold Award – Total Advertising Campaign: Belief in U (UMobile Marketing, Hummingbird Ideas)
* Silver – Publication: University of Mobile Magazine (UMobile Marketing, JWA Creative)
* Silver – Total Public Relations Campaign: Oliver North Leadership Banquet (UMobile Marketing, JWA Creative)
* Bronze – Single Magazine Advertising: Belief in U (UMobile Marketing, Hummingbird Ideas)
* Bronze – Outdoor Advertising: Belief in U (UMobile Marketing, Hummingbird Ideas)
* Bronze – Total Integrated Campaign: University of Mobile Enrollment Marketing Campaign (UMobile Marketing, Hummingbird Ideas)
* Merit – Imprinted Materials: UMobile Belief in U Specialty Items (UMobile Marketing, Hummingbird Ideas)
The UMobile Marketing and Public Relations Office is part of the Office of Institutional Advancement under the direction of Brian Boyle, vice president. Lesa Moore is executive director of Marketing and Public Relations. Team members include Kathy Dean, Hali Givens, Garrett Hughes, Shannon Mason, Amanda Pritchard and Trey Taulbee.
For a complete list of Best of Show winners, go to https://educationaladvertisingawards.com/winners-list/best-of-show-2015/
For a complete list of EduADAward recipients, go to https://educationaladvertisingawards.com/winners-list/winners-list-2015/