Prac-ademics is what you call education that is bridging the gap between knowing and doing. We’re taking students into the field to practice what they’re learning in the classroom. Today, most learners are visual, hands-on learners, so it makes sense to adapt our methods to effectively teach our students the way they learn best. From a student-run marketing agency to practical church ministry experience and on-campus hospital labs, students are earning class credit by working with real organizations and learning from those who are doing the work they want to do.
ALABAMA SCHOOL OF THE ARTS STUDENTS HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO TRAVEL AND PERFORM AT VENUES BOTH LOCALLY AND AROUND THE WORLD.
Our professors have the credentials to teach anywhere in the world, and they have a special passion for teaching the kind of students who are drawn to University of Mobile. They mentor you, challenge you, and help you push yourself further than you thought possible.
- TEACH IN LOCAL SCHOOLS
- PERFORM AND TRAVEL WITH MUSIC ENSEMBLES
- SERVE WITH LOCAL CHURCH PARTNERS
- MARKET NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS WITH STUDENT-RUN AGENCY
- PRACTICE EMERGENCY SITUATIONS IN ON-CAMPUS HOSPITAL LAB
- BREAK THE NEWS WITH LOCAL TELEVISION STATIONS
- DOCUMENT THE PAST WITH LOCAL MUSEUMS