MASTER of SCIENCE in NURSING (MSN) EDUCATION/ADMINISTRATION TRACK
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Education/Administration Track
Program offered as a rolling admission – Enrollment offered each semester.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Education/Administration track is designed to meet the critical need for leaders and teachers. The program is structured around the major components of theory, research, and practice. The concepts of leadership, critical thinking, decision making, and planned change are integrated throughout the curriculum. The graduate nursing student at the University of Mobile will develop specific roles through refinement of existing professional skills, expansion of the knowledge base for practice, and development of advanced competencies in one particular area of practice.
- Submission of application.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college coursework from all institutions attended.
- International Students:
- Students with international transcripts must provide an evaluation from Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (cgfns.org) for previous nursing coursework.
- Students with international transcripts must provide evaluation from World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/) for previous non-nursing coursework.
- International students must show proof of English proficiency. Applicants should request that official TOEFL test scores be sent directly to Enrollment Services.
- Completion of BSN degree from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must hold and maintain an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Submission of a clear background check and absence of criminal conviction.
- Submission of health history and record of required immunizations.
- A personal interview with the Graduate Admissions Committee of the School of Nursing may be required, if requested.
- Submission of current personal health insurance coverage.
|FALL SEMESTER – FIRST YEAR|
|COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||CREDIT HOURS|
|NU 502||Organizational Behavior and Processes||3|
|NU 515||Curriculum Development in Nursing||3|
|NU 518||Developing Leadership Roles in Nursing||3|
|SPRING SEMESTER – FIRST YEAR|
|NU 503||Current Issues in Nursing and Health Care||2|
|NU 504||Research Methodology||3|
|NU 516||Computer Utilization in Nursing||3|
|SUMMER SEMESTER – FIRST YEAR|
|NU 500||Essentials of Advanced Health Assessment,|
|Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology||3|
|NU 505||Management of Human and Financial Resources||3|
|NU 517||Testing and Evaluation||3|
|FALL SEMESTER – SECOND YEAR|
|NU 530||Administration of Nursing Organizations||3|
|NU 531||Administration of Nursing Practicum||3|