RN to BSN (ADULT)
Director of Recruitment for Adult & Graduate Programs
RN TO BSN Program
Program begins in summer
Licensed career nurses who are ready to advance in their profession are the focus of the specially designed RN to BSN degree.Building on the previously acquired knowledge and skills of the RN student, this degree enhances knowledge, nursing skills, and leadership abilities while implementing the unique attributes and educational needs of the adult learner. The program of instruction uses a blended delivery system that combines online learning with the classroom experience. Classes meet for one day a month on the beautiful University of Mobile campus.
- Submission of application.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college coursework from all institutions attended.
- International Students:
- Students with international transcripts must provide an evaluation from Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (cgfns.org) for previous nursing coursework.
- Students with international transcripts must provide evaluation from World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/) for previous non-nursing coursework.
- International students must show proof of English proficiency. Applicants should request that official TOEFL test scores be sent directly to Enrollment Services.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 in all academic coursework.
- Must hold and maintain an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Submission of a clear background check.
- Submission of Health History and record of required immunizations.
- Submission of record of American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification.
- A personal interview with the Undergraduate Admissions Committee of the School of Nursing may be required, if requested.
- Humanities and Fine Arts, must include two courses in composition (15 Hours)
- Christian Ministries CMS (6 Hours) (must include CMS 110 and CMS 321 or CMS 331)
- Natural Science and Applied Science must include one course in basic statistics (18 Hours)
- Social Sciences and Behavioral Studies (18 Hours)
- Electives (4 Hours)
- Total: 61 credit hours
|Course Code||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|NU 400||Concepts of Professional Nursing||2|
|NU 417||The Community as a Client||5|
|NU 418||Ethical Considerations in Nursing||3|
|NU 419||Health Care Financing/Delivery Systems I||3|
|NU 420||Professional Nursing Practice I||3|
|NU 422||Assessment Skills For Practicing Nurse||2|
|NU 430||Principles of Nursing Research||3|
|NU 440||Professional Nursing Practice II||4|
|Nursing Validation Credit||34|
|Total Nursing Credit Hours:||62|
Fall & Spring: $495 per credit hour
Summer: $405 per credit hour
Fall and Spring: $200.00 per semester
Summer, 12 hours or more $100.00
Summer, Less than 12 hours $50.00