FLSA Status: non-exempt
Salaried or Hourly: Salaried
Reports to: Assistant Director of Admissions
Work Schedule: Flexible
Job Description: Responsible for managing a recruiting territory and meeting enrollment goals assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment. Admission Counselors will recruit students who meet standard requirements and assist them through the process from prospect to enrollment. They will work closely with the Communications Coordinator, Senior Counselor and Assistant Director for daily responsibilities.
- Christian who is an active member in local church.
- Supports Statement of Christian Affirmation (https://umobile.edu/about/mission/)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Higher Education trends and how they impact college choice
- Broad knowledge of all aspects (history, academics, financial aid and student life) of University of Mobile
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Recruit, Colleague, and other software deemed necessary for recruitment)
- Knowledge of social media tools and techniques
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently in the most efficient manner with minimum supervision
- Exercise a teachable and positive attitude
- Express initiative in doing the job effectively
- Work constantly to ensure that the prospective student is always treated as the most valuable person, at all times, in spite of other responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the Imago Dei of Christ (Gen 1:26) in all aspects of one’s professional role, personal interactions and community relations.
- Attend college fairs assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions to present University of Mobile to prospective students
- Conduct campus visits with prospective students
- Conduct high school visits to meet with prospective students
- Attend awards programs and graduations as required
- Meet outreach/contact goals in an effort to recruit more students
- Personally organize a way to keep up with students to achieve most efficient communication
- Assist in special event days for prospective students and gain RSVPs
- Must attend all special events such as Preview Days, Registration Days and other events planned by the Enrollment Services office.
- Use Recruit CRM to log contact with students and to better serve the students’ needs and questions
- Be responsible for the needs of the front office and telephone on his/her duty day
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Admissions
The University of Mobile does not provide commission, bonuses, or other incentive payments for attaining enrollment goals for any group of students. The university also does not condone high-pressure recruiting tactics in order to attain enrollment goals for any group of incoming students.
In accordance with Employment At-Will policy of the University as noted in the Employee Handbook, this job description is not construed as a contract of employment or any part of any contract of employment or as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time.