Click here for step by step instructions on how to utilize this tool.
When selected for Verification, you will need to complete the steps below:

-Complete the Verification Worksheet and submit to UM

-If verifying tax information: Submit signed copies of your 2015 Federal Tax Returns to UM

If you have your PIN number from the Department of Education, you add a school on-line at If you have your Student Aid Report, you may call the Department of Education at 1.800.433.3243. Give them your name, social security number, the DRN number and transaction number off your SAR (in the upper right corner of the front page), and the name of the school you want to have added to your FAFSA. If you no longer have your SAR, you may also call to request a duplicate.
An appeal form can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office or online, click here. Prior to submitting this request, the student is required to meet with the Student Success Center. Call 251.442.2292 to schedule SSC appointment. Please attach confirmation sheet obtained during appointment to the appeal form and submit to the Financial Aid Office. Once your appeal is submitted, your appeal will be reviewed and you will be contacted with a decision.
All financial aid students at UM must be accepted for admission before your financial aid award will be processed. If you haven’t applied to UM, you can do so online. If you have been admitted or readmitted to UM but haven’t heard from the Financial Aid Office, you should check your mailing address with the University.
If you cannot answer YES to any question in the “Step Three” section of the FAFSA, you MUST include parent information. Parent information is required in these cases because the federal government has decided paying for the cost of education is the responsibility of the student and the student’s parents until the student can answer YES to any one question in “Step Three.” If unusual circumstances exist, you may want to check with the financial aid office before submitting your FAFSA.
You can obtain a copy of your tax transcript at From that site, in the Online Services section of the homepage click “Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript.” Next, click “Order a RETURN Transcript” and follow the instructions through the process. If successfully validated, you should receive your request within 5 to 10 days.
If you have your FSA ID from the Department of Education, you can make changes on-line at Click “Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA”.
It may take 3-4 weeks after you complete your file at UMobile before you’ll find out what aid you’re eligible to receive. Ensure the fastest processing time by turning in all requested information as soon as possible.
You must contact Selective Service System at or 1.847.688.6888 to verify your registration. If it is determined you haven’t yet registered and you are between the ages of 18 and 25 you must do so. If you are not registered and you are over 26 years of age, you need to request a status letter from Selective Service System and provide a copy of that to our office.
No, you must list your parents’ information under the parent section. If unusual circumstances exist, you may want to check with the UM financial aid office before submitting your FAFSA.
Yes, if your supporting parent is remarried, you must include his/her spouse’s information on the FAFSA.
Your marital status for financial aid purposes is determined on the day you applied for financial aid. So, if you included parent information on your application, their information will be included for that aid year.
The federal school code for the University of Mobile is 001029
The best way to submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is online at If you have your FSA ID from the Department of Education, you can do a renewal FAFSA on the Internet. You can request a PIN on-line at The University of Mobile’s school code is 001029.
You must apply for financial aid every year. The best time to apply is as soon as possible after October 1st of each year. UM’s award acceptance priority is May 1st.
To be eligible for Federal Student Financial Aid, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
  • Be accepted for admission and admitted to an eligible degree-seeking or certificate-seeking program.
  • Be enrolled for at least the minimum course load required for the requested aid program. All loan programs (including alternative loans) require an enrollment of at least halftime. Audit classes do not count.
  • Meet and maintain all requirements under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
  • Not be in default on a prior student loan or owe a repayment on any TItle IV aid.
  • Be registered for Selective Service if you are a male at least 18 years old who was born after January 1, 1979.
You must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to keep your aid. If you fail to make SAP you will first be placed on Financial Aid Probation for one semester and will still be allowed to receive aid. If you fail to make SAP after the probation semester, you will then be placed on Financial Aid Suspension and will not be allowed to receive any financial aid. You will be notified at the end of each semester if you should fail any component of SAP. Academic counseling is available to all students. For more detailed information, please see the section in the University of Mobile Catalog titled Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid.
Check requests are made through the Business Office. Please call 251.442.2214 or email
We can only speak with others regarding your information if an Access to Student Records form is complete.
The priority deadline is May 1, but you can apply for financial aid anytime during the current school year as long as the school receives a valid FAFSA from the Department of Education before or within the current school year. However, some funding is limited and/or may not be available when your award is finalized.
Click here to find our loan change form. This can be turned into the Financial Aid Office or eFax it to
Loan applications as well as Entrance Interviews and signing your Master Promissory Note can be done online.
You can fill out your FAFSA at The University of Mobile code is 001029.
You will need to submit your Verification documents to the Financial Aid Office. You can efax these documents to To ensure all of your documents are processed, please include your ID number on every page of every document
You may access information and the status of your student loan by clicking here.
The U.S. Department of Education has established new regulations to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loan Program by identifying students with unusual enrollment histories. Some students who have an unusual enrollment history (UEH) have legitimate reasons for their enrollment at multiple institutions. However, such an enrollment history requires our office to review your file in order to determine future federal financial aid eligibility. If selected by the Department of Education (via the FAFSA), this must be resolved before you will receive financial aid.

What are you required to do?
If you are selected, our office will notify you of what is required. We will check your financial aid history at your previous institutions that you attended during the previous three years. You are required to have received academic credit at any institution you received Federal aid while attending in those relevant academic years.