FINANCIAL AID FAQs
-Complete the Verification Worksheet and submit to UM
-If verifying tax information: Submit signed copies of your 2015 Federal Tax Returns to UM
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Be accepted for admission and admitted to an eligible degree-seeking or certificate-seeking program.
- Be enrolled for at least the minimum course load required for the requested aid program. All loan programs (including alternative loans) require an enrollment of at least halftime. Audit classes do not count.
- Meet and maintain all requirements under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Not be in default on a prior student loan or owe a repayment on any TItle IV aid.
- Be registered for Selective Service if you are a male at least 18 years old who was born after January 1, 1979.
What are you required to do?
If you are selected, our office will notify you of what is required. We will check your financial aid history at your previous institutions that you attended during the previous three years. You are required to have received academic credit at any institution you received Federal aid while attending in those relevant academic years.