MOBILE, Ala. – Miss University of Mobile 2019 will be crowned on Saturday, Jan. 19 at Murphy High School’s Lois Jean Delaney auditorium.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the pageant begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the door.
Current Miss UM, Erica Burleson of Mobile, is a junior majoring in piano performance. Miss UM serves as the official hostess of the university and will represent the university at the Miss Alabama pageant. Her responsibilities include participation in alumni activities, homecoming, dedications, receptions, and various community and student events.
Miss UM 2019 contestants are:
- Madison Verkouille– Communication major from Saraland, Alabama. Her platform is “For the LOV of The Game.” Her talent is dance: “The Greatest Show” by Pasek and Paul from The Greatest Show.
- Grace Mattox – Music major from Magnolia Springs, Alabama. Her platform is “Grace’s Gift.” Her talent is violin: “A Postcard to Henry Purcell” by Jean-yves Thibaudet from Pride and Prejudice.
- Callie Setser– Kinesiology and pre athletic training major from Saraland, Alabama. Her platform is “Give Glasses, Give Hope.” Her talent is tap dancing: “One” by Hamlisch and Kleban from A Chorus Line.
- Kailee Grace Montes– Musical theatre major from Atlanta. Her platform is “Boy and Girls Clubs of America – A Mentoring Initiative.” Her talent is vocal performance: “Glitter and be Gay” by Bernstein from Candide.
- Raven Young– Elementary education and worship leadership major from Mobile. Her platform is “The S.T.A.R. Program.” Her talent is: vocal performance: “I am Changing” by Krieger from Dream Girls.
- Sophie Eberhard– Graphic design major from Milton, Florida. Her platform is “Music Through The Ages.” Her talent is: vocal performance – “How Great Thou Art” by Boberg.
Murphy High School is located at 100 S. Carlen St., Mobile. For more information, call Alison Wilks in the Alabama School of the Arts at University of Mobile at 251.442.2896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About University of Mobile
University of Mobile is a Christ-centered liberal arts and sciences institution with a vision of higher education for a higher purpose, founded to honor God by equipping students for their future professions through rigorous academic preparation and spiritual transformation. Core values are: Christ-Centered, Academically-Focused, Student-Devoted and Distinctively-Driven. The university offers on-campus and online bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in over 90 areas of study. Founded in 1961, University of Mobile is affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention and is located 10 miles north of Mobile, Alabama on a campus of over 880 acres.
For more information about University of Mobile, visit the website at www.umobile.eduor call Enrollment Services at 1.800.WIN.RAMS or 251.442.2222.