One of the fastest and easiest ways to make your gift is online. Using the “Give Now” button, you may choose a one-time gift or set up monthly or annual donations. MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit cards and personal checks are accepted.

To send a personal check (payable to “University of Mobile”) or credit card information through the mail, please include your name and address, and credit card number and expiration date if applicable, and mail to:

University of Mobile
Office of Advancement
5735 College Parkway
Mobile, Alabama 36613

Please also include “UM Fund” on the check.

To make a gift by phone, please call 251.442.2917 or our toll-free number at 800.WIN.RAMS ext. 2917. We will mail a receipt to you shortly after confirming the details of your gift.


You may also support the University of Mobile through regular monthly installments from a credit card or bank account. Some donors choose monthly giving because it enables them to make larger contributions by dividing their gift into manageable monthly increments. Others like the ease of the process and not having to mail a check.

To choose monthly giving with a credit card, please visit our secure online giving website and select “I would like to make a gift every month.”

To choose monthly giving through your bank account, please download this monthly EFT form and mail it, with a voiced check or deposit slip for the account from which you wish to make withdrawals, to:

University of Mobile
Office of Advancement
5735 College Parkway
Mobile, Alabama 36613

It is possible to wire funds directly from your account to University of Mobile’s bank account for donation to the UM Fund. Please call 251.442.2917 for ABA routing and bank account numbers, as well as any additional information you may require.

University of Mobile gratefully accepts stock transfers as a way for alumni and friends to support the university’s mission. To facilitate a stock transfer and to make sure you receive proper credit for tax-reporting purposes, it is important that you inform the university, as well as its broker, about the transfer.

If you are considering a donation of securities, please speak with your broker and have him or her contact one of the brokers for the university. Also, when transferring stock via a broker’s website or in paperwork, please remember to check the box that says, “Release my information” so that the broker can share the gift details with the university. Contact University of Mobile at 251.442.2917 for a list of brokers.

Please then notify University of Mobile. To ensure that the university promptly recognizes and acknowledges your gift, notify University of Mobile’s Office of Advancement at 251.442.2917. UM will need details of the securities transfer, including your name, the name of the securities, the number of shares or approximate value, gift designation or purpose, date on which the transfer should occur, and your broker’s name and telephone number.

Many employers will match charitable contributions made by their employees. By taking advantage of a company’s matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of your contribution. To find out if your employer, or your spouse’s employer, has a matching gift program, please check with the company’s human resources department. Matching gift forms can be sent to:

University of Mobile
Office of Advancement
5735 College Parkway
Mobile, AL 36613

You may also submit the form online through your company’s matching gift website, if available. University of Mobile will send you a confirmation when the form has been received.

Matching gifts count toward your total contribution to the University of Mobile.

Visit our Gift Planning page to discover opportunities to provide for your loved ones, plan for your retirement, increase your spendable income, avoid capital-gains taxes, and reduce or eliminate estate taxes – all while making a difference at University of Mobile.

Gifts-in-Kind, contributions of tangible property, may include items such as rare books for the library or specialized equipment for scientific research. If the item(s) meets the needs of a university program, donors can realize many rewards including:

  • Tax deduction based on the fair-market value of the item
  • Avoidance of capital gains taxes
  • Seeing a treasured possession advance research and educationCall us at 251.442.2587 or email us for help with personal property gifts.

Donating a home, farm, or forested property can provide you with many financial benefits while supporting University of Mobile’s teaching, research, students, and outreach. Benefits may include:

  • Income tax deduction based on the appraised value of the property
  • Avoidance of capital gains taxes
  • Relief from maintenance and other ownership responsibilities
  • Assistance with property sale
  • Immediate or future support for the university

These gifts of property may be made outright, as life-income gifts with tax benefits, or with an arrangement where you reserve the right to continue living on the property for your lifetime. Our experts can help you explore the options and create a plan that fits your needs.

Call us at 251.442.2587 or email us for help with personal property gifts.


Alabama residents can support University of Mobile by purchasing a University of Mobile license plate. From each License Car Tag fee of $50, a total of $48.50 goes to support the UM Fund.

Alabama law does not allow the state to share who purchases these license plates, but nothing prevents individuals from doing so. Please let us know if you support University of Mobile in this way so that we can recognize you as a university donor and give you gift credit! If you have a car that is licensed in Alabama, you can ask for the University of Mobile license place at your local DMV office.

Inform us of your recent car tag purchase or renewal by calling us at 251.442.2587 or emailing us.