The University of Mobile exists to produce graduates grounded in the Christian worldview, centered on Christ, submitted to the Word of God, and engaging the World. In keeping with the stated mission of the institution, the purpose of chapel is to offer students well-planned programs providing for Christian growth and maturation.
In keeping with the stated mission of the institution, the purpose of chapel is to offer students well-planned programs providing for Christian growth and maturation. The official name has been changed to Colloquium and is required for all enrolled students. Chapel requirements are based on student classification.
- Students entering as freshmen (0-29 hrs.) complete 4 semesters.
- Students entering as sophomores (30-59 hrs.) complete 3 semesters
- Students entering as juniors or seniors (60 or more hrs.) complete 1 semester
- Students who transfer to the University of Mobile from an institution that requires chapel may transfer credit from that institution. The amount of credit will be determined by the registrar
- Graduate and Post-Traditional students are exempt from Chapel.
Chapel services are conducted during the dedicated hour on Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. in Ram Hall. Although there is no charge for chapel, students receive a satisfactory/unsatisfactory grade recorded on the transcript. Students must register for Colloquium (and there is a max of 500 seats) in order to receive the required credit. Students are expected to attend all chapel services; if more than 4 chapel sessions (of the 12 offered each semester) are missed, no credit is awarded. The student ID card must be swiped upon entering each Chapel service for record of attendance. Required chapel attendance must be completed in order for a student to receive their diploma, and obtain a transcript with posted degree. Chapel will be recorded on the transcript as Colloquium.
For more information regarding Chapel please contact University Ministries in the Student Life Office 251-442-2403