GENERAL STUDIES (ADULT)
A degree in General Studies consists of basic courses in humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and behavioral studies and is ideal for those who are new to higher education as well as students who have already completed some college courses. If your long-term goals include earning a bachelor’s degree, the A.S. in General Studies is a great first step that can increase your marketability, and income, while putting you on the bachelor’s path.
Classes are offered on campus in convenient 8-week sessions designed specifically for working adults. This convenient class structure allows you to continue with your family and work schedule while advancing your career.
UM general education courses are designed to fulfill basic credit requirements for a variety of degree programs. If you decide to pursue a full degree with UM, we’ll help you transition these credits into the degree program. If you’ve taken courses at another university, our flexible transfer policy allows you to transfer the maximum number of credit hours possible.
- Meet or exceed all University of Mobile admission requirements.
- Have attained the age of 23 or older, or have accepted adult responsibilities.
- Have access to a computer and internet.
- Have a valid e-mail account.
- Commitment to class attendance and ability to devote a minimum or 10-15 hours per week to coursework preparation.
- Contact your University of Mobile admissions counselor for details on basic coursework and GPA requirements.