University of Mobile's Financial Aid Office:
- Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations
- Verifies course enrollment
- Maintains student records
Federal Department of Veteran’s Affairs:
The Federal Department of Veteran’s Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site: https://www.va.gov/
- Montgomery Regional Office: 1.800.827.1000
- Atlanta Regional Office: 1.888.442.4551 – VA National Phone Center
- VA’s GI Bill Web Site: www.gibill.va.gov/
For any questions on eligibility, remaining entitlement, non-receipt of checks, overpayment, paybacks, or other VA programs or problems should be directed to the Atlanta Regional Office. Call early in the morning, VARO Atlanta is on Eastern Time.
Voice: 1.888.442.4551. Website: www.gibill.va.gov/
Responsibilities of the Student Veteran:
All Students using their VA Educational Benefits MUST contact the University of Mobile VA School Certifying Official after registering for classes each semester, changing majors, dropping classes, adding classes, changing one's address, or resigning from school. The best way to contact UM’s VA SCO is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students using their VA Educational Benefits MUST ALSO be registered and submit their request each semester through the link on umobile.edu: VA Certification Request Form
Changing majors, adding course work, or dropping course work MUST also be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
The following documents are required to apply for benefits:
- Verification of Eligibility from VA
-Copy of DD214 (Veterans only)
-Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- University of Mobile'sVeterans Eligibility Form
- University of Mobile’s Statement of Understanding
(Vocational Rehab) Must Contact the Montgomery Regional Office, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for VA form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification Form
Federal Tuition Assistance Program
- Federal program for Active Duty, National Guard, and Reservists
- Service members eligible for Tuition Assistance must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the individual's Military Service prior to enrolling at the University of Mobile.
- Contact Lona Brown in the University of Mobile Business Office to process Tuition Assistance benefits.
UNIVERSITY OF MOBILE IS PARTICIPATING IN THE VA CH 33 YELLOW RIBBON PROGRAM.
Ch 33 Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) is a Department of Defense (DoD) program and the DoD determines eligibility for the program. Currently, eligible service personnel are those that are on active duty on or after August 1, 2009. DoD may allow an individual to transfer entitlement to one or more dependents if he/she meets the service requirements and agrees to serve additional time in the Armed Forces. Retired military may be eligible under the DoD eligibility criteria.
Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) Service member MUST first register through the DOD web site to Transfer of Benefits (TEB) to dependents. When the parent is approved, the student must apply for the Ch 33 benefits using the VA Form 22-1990e.
Go to www.gibill.va.gov for instructions of “How to Apply for TEB”.