The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management combines two unique fields – management and health care – to give you a well-rounded business management program with a focus on the rapidly expanding field of health care.
Dr. Sevints Nuriyeva
Associate Professor of Global Business and Management
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
Faculty in the School of Business and School of Nursing collaborate to prepare graduates for this field that is expected to grow at a faster-than-average rate, as the baby-boom population ages and there is increased demand for health care services.
Medical and health services managers plan, direct and coordinate the business activities of health care providers. Some characteristics of professionals in the health care management field include leadership and management expertise, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, dependability and adaptability, ability to delegate, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Integrated 5-Year MBA program is a 5-year fast-track program that culminates in graduates earning two degrees:
• Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
• Master of Business Administration
- Small 13:1 student-faculty ratio means you have small classes and individual attention from School of Business faculty
- Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be qualified to serve in entry level or mid-management positions in a variety of health care organizations
- Learn all aspects of health care management from health care faculty, business faculty and health care industry leaders
Medical Group Practices
Insurance & Pharmaceutical Industries
Non-profit Health Care Organizations
“Having the ability to work in an industry that serves the public and saves lives, while functioning in a business environment, is the beauty of this rapidly growing industry.”
Sevints Nuriyeva, PhD
Program Coordinator, Business Administration/Management
Associate Professor of Global Business & Management