ACCELERATED BACHELOR of SCIENCE in NURSING (ABSN)
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
Program begins each Fall
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing is designed for students who have at least 60 credit hours of college and desire to gain a BSN in becoming a registered nurse. The program is specifically for the nontraditional student and builds on your previously acquired knowledge and skills. Your classes are delivered both online and on campus by professors who have real-world experience and understand the challenges and rewards of nursing in today’s healthcare environment.
Due to the accelerated pace of this program, please review the Readiness Self–Assessment.
- Submission of application. Applications will be taken until class is filled. Early decisions are made by July 1.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college coursework from all institutions attended.
- International Students:
- Students with international transcripts must provide an evaluation from Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (cgfns.org) for previous nursing coursework.
- Students with international transcripts must provide evaluation from World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/) for previous non-nursing coursework.
- International students must show proof of English proficiency. Applicants should request that official TOEFL test scores be sent directly to Enrollment Services.
- 23 of years of age at the time of entering program for students without an earned Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 on last 60 hours of academic coursework.
- Submission of a clear background check and absence of criminal conviction.
- Submission of a clear drug screen when requested.
- Submission of health history and record of required immunizations.
- A personal interview with the Undergraduate Admissions Committee of the School of Nursing may be required, if requested.
- Submission of current personal health insurance coverage.