UNIVERSITY of MOBILE GRADUATION
Friday, May 3, 2024 at 2 PM | Dr. Fred and Sue Lackey Great Commission Lawn
Graduation will be held Saturday, May 4, 2024 at 9 AM on the Dr. Fred and Sue Lackey Great Commission Lawn. The ceremony will be live-streamed at umobile.edu/graduation.
Candidates for graduation should arrive by 8 AM at Martin Hall. Guests should arrive early to allow time for parking and seating.
Faculty/Staff Parking - College Woods Center
Handicap Parking - Bedsole Library and Martin Hall
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER
Notifications of any changes to graduation due to inclement weather will be sent by UM Rave Alert. In case of inclement weather, the graduation venue is Cottage Hill Baptist Church, 4255 Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, AL
Please watch for weather updates on our official University of Mobile social media accounts and at umobile.edu/graduation.
Dress accordingly for expected temperatures.
All regalia for Spring 2024 graduates are ordered online from Oak Hall. Order Here
Students should order by February 11 for free shipping to the university. These packages will be available for pick up during Grad Fair on March 19.
Regalia ordered online after February 12 will be delivered to home addresses for a shipping fee. No online orders will be accepted after April 2. The University of Mobile Store will have a limited number of cap and gowns available for purchase directly from the store, however we cannot guarantee sizes or quantities. For best results, please order regalia online by February 12.
APPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR COMMENCEMENT
• Ladies - Dresses should be shorter than the length of the robe.
• Gentlemen - Trousers should be dark in color.
• Ladies & Gentlemen - Shoes should be black.
• Full academic regalia, including mortarboards, are to be worn. (Note: All UM graduates wear the same UM stole. While UM-associated honors cords and medallions may be worn, no stoles other than the UM stole are permitted.)
• Gentlemen - Mortarboards should be removed before the first prayer and left off until candidates for graduation are asked to stand, at which time mortarboards should be placed back on the head.
• Mortarboards are correctly positioned approximately one and one-half (1½) inches above the eyebrow and may not display decoration.
• Tassels are worn on the right side of the mortarboards. Tassels should be moved to the left if the student has completed all graduation requirements.
**Please do not decorate your mortarboard!**
LATIN HONORS FOR COMMENCEMENT (UNDERGRADUATE)
• Cum Laude - 3.50 grade point average
• Magna Cum Laude - 3.70 grade point average
• Summa Cum Laude - 3.90 grade point average
(Note: Only students who have completed all degree requirements will be recognized as graduating with honors during the ceremony. Cords are not worn for Latin honors. Cords for honor societies are distributed from each organization.)