UNIVERSITY of MOBILE GRADUATION
Friday, May 6, 2022 at 2 PM | Ram Hall
Graduation will be held Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 10 a.m. on the Dr. Fred and Sue Lackey Great Commission Lawn. The ceremony will be live-streamed at umobile.edu/graduation.
Candidates for graduation should arrive by 9 a.m. at Martin Hall. Guests should arrive early to allow time for parking and seating.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER
Notifications of any changes to graduation due to inclement weather will be sent by UM Rave Alert. In case of inclement weather, the graduation venue is Cottage Hill Baptist Church, 4255 Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, AL
Please watch for weather updates on our official University of Mobile social media accounts and at umobile.edu/graduation.
Dress accordingly for expected temperatures.
All regalia for Spring 2022 graduates are ordered online directly from Herff Jones by students. Please contact Herff Jones with any questions regarding your regalia purchase. The University of Mobile Store has a limited number of regalia and accessories for sale. If you missed the order deadline for Herff Jones, you may still order from The U while supplies last.
APPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR COMMENCEMENT
• Ladies - Dresses should be shorter than the length of the robe.
• Gentlemen - Trousers should be dark in color.
• Ladies & Gentlemen - Shoes should be black.
• Full regalia, including mortarboards, are to be worn.
• Gentlemen - Mortarboards should be removed prior to the first prayer and left off until candidates for graduation are asked to stand, at which time mortarboards should be placed back on the head.
• Mortarboards are correctly positioned approximately one and one-half (1½) inches above the eyebrow.
• Tassels are worn on the right side of the mortarboards. Tassels should be moved to the left if the student has completed all graduation requirements.
**Please do not decorate your mortarboard!**
HONORS FOR COMMENCEMENT (UNDERGRADUATE)
• Cum Laude - 3.5 grade point average
• Magna Cum Laude - 3.70 grade point average
• Summa Cum Laude - 3.90 grade point average
(Note: Only students who have completed all degree requirements will be recognized as graduating with honors during the ceremony.)