UNIVERSITY of MOBILE GRADUATION
University of Mobile Grad Fair
March 21 from 9 AM - 3 PM | 1st Floor Bedsole Library
More Info Coming Soon!
Friday, May 5, 2023 at 2 PM | Ram Hall
Graduation will be held Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 10 a.m. on the Dr. Fred and Sue Lackey Great Commission Lawn. The ceremony will be live-streamed at umobile.edu/graduation.
Candidates for graduation should arrive by 9 a.m. at Martin Hall. Guests should arrive early to allow time for parking and seating.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER
Notifications of any changes to graduation due to inclement weather will be sent by UM Rave Alert. In case of inclement weather, the graduation venue is Cottage Hill Baptist Church, 4255 Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, AL
Please watch for weather updates on our official University of Mobile social media accounts and at umobile.edu/graduation.
Dress accordingly for expected temperatures.
All regalia for Spring 2023 graduates are ordered online from Oak Hall. Order Here
Students should order by February 12 for free shipping to the university. These packages will be available for pick up during Grad Fair on March 21.
Regalia ordered online after February 12 will be delivered to home addresses for a shipping fee. No online orders will be accepted after April 2. The University of Mobile Store will have a limited number of cap and gowns available for purchase directly from the store, however we cannot guarantee sizes or quantities. For best results, please order regalia online by February 12.
APPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR COMMENCEMENT
• Ladies - Dresses should be shorter than the length of the robe.
• Gentlemen - Trousers should be dark in color.
• Ladies & Gentlemen - Shoes should be black.
• Full regalia, including mortarboards, are to be worn.
• Gentlemen - Mortarboards should be removed prior to the first prayer and left off until candidates for graduation are asked to stand, at which time mortarboards should be placed back on the head.
• Mortarboards are correctly positioned approximately one and one-half (1½) inches above the eyebrow.
• Tassels are worn on the right side of the mortarboards. Tassels should be moved to the left if the student has completed all graduation requirements.
**Please do not decorate your mortarboard!**
HONORS FOR COMMENCEMENT (UNDERGRADUATE)
• Cum Laude - 3.5 grade point average
• Magna Cum Laude - 3.70 grade point average
• Summa Cum Laude - 3.90 grade point average
(Note: Only students who have completed all degree requirements will be recognized as graduating with honors during the ceremony.)