You are on a journey to discover God’s purpose for you. At the University of Mobile, you are challenged academically and renewed spiritually in a community where you are known.
Know yourself. Know your calling. Be Known.
Steps to Enrollment
1. Fill out and submit the application
2. Send high school transcript (minimum 2.75 GPA)
3. Send ACT/SAT score (minimum 21 ACT)*
4. Submit proof of MMR shots & TB skin test (on-campus students)
5. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
6. Schedule an advisor appointment and register for classes
*The University of Mobile is now a test-optional institution, which means we will consider your high school GPA, course load and similar academic indicators that highlight your achievements. You will still be eligible for possible institutional grants and need-based aid offered by the University of Mobile, for those who qualify, as well as state and national education entities. You can choose whether to submit test scores as part of your application or select the test-optional choice.
Steps for Financial Aid
1. Once admitted, you will be notified of your merit scholarship eligibility. You can also use the Cost Calculator tool located here.
2. Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and be sure to include UM’s school code: 001029.
3. An award letter is mailed to you when your FAFSA is received. The letter package includes all grants, scholarships, talent aid and student loans. Any paper applications needed are also included.
4. When accepting federal loans, you must complete the Federal Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement, Entrance Counseling, and Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note-MPN) located at www.studentloans.gov.
5. UM also requires an annual Loan Request Form located here.
6. Parents who choose to borrow on behalf of their student through the Federal Parent PLUS Loan can apply online here.
Residential Life Process
The Residential Life process is made up of multiple phases listed below.
These phases happen over a period of time, normally 2 weeks, and are specific to your time of registration.*
1. Register for Fall 2020 classes
2. Access the UM Residential Life Portal
3. Complete the Fall 2020 New Student Housing Application
4. Participate in Roommate Pairing
5. Participate in Room Selection to finalize your room assignment
*Please note, class registration is required to participate in the Room Selection Process. 24 hours after you register for classes, you can access the UM Residential Life Portal and complete the Fall 2020 New Student Housing Application.