TRADITIONAL BACHELOR of SCIENCE in NURSING (TBSN)
Coordinator of Nursing Admissions
Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
Program begins each fall semester
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares you for the professional practice of nursing and to be responsive to the health needs of the community in a rapidly changing society. There is a great need for professional-level nurses in a variety of health care settings who are high quality, professional nursing leaders. At University of Mobile, your professors take a personal interest in your learning journey and mentor you through your clinical experience. State-of-the-art clinical simulations provide students with real-life scenarios to understand the concepts they learn in the classroom.
- Submission of application.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college coursework from all institutions attended.
- International Students:
- Students with international transcripts must provide an evaluation from Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (www.cgfns.org) for previous nursing coursework.
- Students with international transcripts must provide evaluation from World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/) for previous non-nursing coursework.
- International students must show proof of English proficiency. Applicants should request that official TOEFL test scores be sent directly to Enrollment Services.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 in all academic coursework.
- Completion of a minimum of 55 semester hours of specified courses including successful completion (C or better) of BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 301, MA 107 or 110, MA 211, NU 252, and PSY 301.
- Minimum composite score of 20 on the ACT is required.
- Submission of a clear background check and absence of criminal conviction.
- Submission of a clear drug screen when requested.
- Submission of health history and record of required immunizations.
- A personal interview with the Undergraduate Admissions Committee of the School of Nursing may be required, if requested.
- Submission of current personal health insurance coverage.