Reinstatement Process

Failure to maintain F-1 status results in the termination of your I-20. You have the option to apply for reinstatement with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or depart the U.S. and seek a new admission to the U.S. in F-1 status.

A student who departs and attempts to reenter with a new Form I-20 will, if successful, be treated as a new student and will not be able to count time spent during the first I-20 on F1 status toward benefits such as eligibility for curricular practical training or OPT.

Immigration Announcements

No announcements at this time