MOBILE, Ala. – University of Mobile celebrates the 55th anniversary of the Miss UM competition on Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. at Saraland High School, 1115 Industrial Pkwy, Saraland, Alabama 36571.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets can be purchased at the door for $10.
Current Miss UM, Raven Young, is a junior majoring in worship leadership and elementary education.
Miss UM serves as the official hostess of the university and will represent the university at the Miss Alabama competition. Her responsibilities include participation in alumni activities, homecoming, dedications, receptions, and various community and student events.
The Miss UM 2020 contestants are:
- Abigail Pauley – Musical Theatre major from Statesville, NC . Her platform is “Bonds Without Borders.” Her talent is vocal performance: “Defying Gravity” by Steven Schwartz from the musical Wicked.
- Ashton Mack – Worship Leadership – Music Business major from Opp, Alabama. Her platform is “Who Are You Wearing?” Her talent is spoken word: “She is” by Ashton Mack
- Claire Wood – Worship Leadership – Church Ministry major from Ozark, Alabama. Her platform is “Cultivate to Create.” Her talent is vocal performance: “You Will Be Found” by Pasek and Paul from Dear Evan Hansen.
- Breanna Stringfellow – English and Philosophy major from Grand Bay, Alabama. Her platform is “The D.R.E.A.M. Initiative.” Her talent is vocal performance: “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” by Kenneth Morris.
- Katherine Breeding – Nursing major from Little Rock, Arkansas. Her platform is “Project Purpose.” Her talent is vocal performance: “Journey to The Past” by Ahrens & Flaherty from Anastasia.
- Abigail Breland – Nursing major from Little Rock, Arkansas. Her platform is “True Identity.” Her talent is vocal performance: “Smile” by Geoffrey Parsons.
For more information about the Miss UM program, contact Alison Wilks in the Alabama School of the Arts at the University of Mobile at 251.442.2397 or email@example.com.
About the University of Mobile
The University of Mobile is a Christ-centered liberal arts and sciences institution with a vision of higher education for a higher purpose, founded to honor God by equipping students for their future professions through rigorous academic preparation and spiritual transformation. Core values are: Christ-Centered, Academically-Focused, Student-Devoted and Distinctively-Driven. The university offers on-campus and online bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in over 75 academic programs. Founded in 1961, the University of Mobile is affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention and is located 10 miles north of Mobile, Alabama on a campus of over 880 acres.
For more information about the University of Mobile, visit the website at www.umobile.edu or call Enrollment Services at 1.800.WIN.RAMS or 251.442.2222.