MOBILE, Ala. – For 60 years, the University of Mobile has been sending graduates out to change the world. More than 14,000 alumni have walked the halls of the Christian university since it was chartered in 1961 as Mobile College.
The University of Mobile is celebrating its Diamond Anniversary during Fall Semester 2021 with events, exhibits and more. Details are at umobile.edu/celebrate60.
- History Exhibit – The University of Mobile history exhibit is on display now in Weaver Hall on the University of Mobile campus. Admission is free.
- Homecoming Weekend – The 60th Anniversary Homecoming Weekend Celebration will take place Oct. 1-2 at UM. This event will welcome back alumni to the UM campus with a variety of events, including a concert by Big Daddy Weave, the award-winning Christian band whose members started performing together on the UM campus. Homecoming details are at umobile.edu/homecoming.
- Alumni of the Decade Award – The Alumni of the Decade awards will celebrate exceptional alumni from each decade. Outstanding graduates from the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, ’00s and ’10s will be announced during Homecoming Weekend.
- Scholarship Banquet with Archie Manning – The University of Mobile Annual Scholarship Banquet welcomes retired NFL Saints Quarterback Archie Manning to speak on Oct. 26. The banquet raises scholarships for UM students, and sponsorships. Ticket information is at umobile.edu/banquet.
- Christmas Spectacular – Christmas Spectacular will be held Nov. 18-21 and is listed as one of the top 25 best Christmas events in Mobile, AL. It features over 20 ensembles and over 200 students from the University of Mobile Alabama School of the Arts. For more information on Christmas Spectacular and other Alabama School of the Arts performances, visit umobile.edu/pas.
- $60 for 60 Campaign – The $60 for 60 Campaign asks alumni and the community to donate $60 before University of Mobile Day on Dec. 12. All donations to the $60 for 60 Campaign will go directly to scholarships for the next generation of students. Donate at umobile.edu/celebrate60.
- UM Diamond Collection – Limited-edition Diamond Collection merchandise is available at The University of Mobile store, The U. The collection includes shirts, mugs, pins and more with the University of Mobile and/or Mobile College symbols. Proceeds from the Diamond Collection will go toward scholarships to help future students. The U is open on campus Mondays through Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit the store online at universityofmobilestore.com.
- “Be Known: Live Out Your Calling” – The University of Mobile Store, The U released the “Be Known: Live Out Your Calling” devotional book. The book includes 60 devotions for 60 days written by alumni, faculty, staff, trustees and partners in the Alabama Baptist State Convention. It explores the ideas of purpose and calling, particularly the call to Christ and to love, serve and change the world. Visit the store online at universityofmobilestore.com
For more information on the University of Mobile 60th Diamond Anniversary and how to be involved, visit umobile.edu/celebrate60.
About the University of Mobile
The University of Mobile is a Christ-centered liberal arts and sciences institution with a vision of higher education for a higher purpose, founded to honor God by equipping students for their future professions through rigorous academic preparation and spiritual transformation. Core values are: Christ-Centered, Academically-Focused, Student-Devoted and Distinctively-Driven. The university offers on-campus and online bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in over 75 academic programs. Founded in 1961, the University of Mobile is affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention and is located 10 miles north of Mobile, Alabama on a campus of over 880 acres.