The University of Mobile Financial Aid Office of Veteran’s Affairs:
- Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations.
- Verifies course enrollment.
- Maintains student records.
Federal Department of Veteran’s Affairs
The Federal Department of Veteran’s Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site: https://www.va.gov/
Montgomery Regional Office: 1.800.827.1000
Atlanta Regional Office: 1.888.442.4551 – VA National Phone Center
VA’s GI Bill Web Site: www.gibill.va.gov/
For any questions on eligibility, remaining entitlement, non-receipt of checks, overpayment, paybacks, or other VA programs or problems should be directed to the Atlanta Regional Office. Call early in the morning, VARO Atlanta is on Eastern Time. Voice: 1.888.442.4551. Website: www.gibill.va.gov/
Responsibilities of the Student Veteran
All Students using their VA Educational Benefits MUST contact the University of Mobile Financial Aid Office after registering for classes each semester, changing majors, dropping classes, adding classes, changing one’s address, or resigning from school.
All VA applications and program change forms are located at:
www.va.gov/vaforms/ and/or www.gibill.va.gov/.
The following documents are required to apply for benefits:
- University of Mobile’s Veterans Eligibility Form
- Complete and submit a Statement of Understanding
- DD214, member 4 copy, for prior Active Military Service
- NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) for Reservist/National Guard (All Services) All KICKER Contract paperwork if appropriate
- Letter of Eligibility for Dependents (Chapter 35)
- Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) Must Contact the Montgomery Regional Office, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for VA form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification Form
- Post 9/11 GI Bill, Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Chapter 33
Monthly Enrollment Certification is Not Automatic
All Chapter 30 and 1606 recipients MUST SUBMIT MONTHLY verification of enrollment. Call on or after the last day of the month 1-877-823-2378. Use the web to register, Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) go to www.gibill.va.gov and click on WAVE.
An additional scholarship opportunity can be found @ www.veteransunited.com/about/scholarships
Learn more about resources available to veterans pursuing post-secondary education @ https://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/resources/veteran-continuing-ed/