Disability Support Services will work collaboratively with you as you develop independence and self-advocacy, as well as create your network of resources. Disability Support Services will provide honest and supportive feedback to you throughout your journey at the university. It starts with assisting you in the transition to university life, which may require relinquishing preconceived ideas about learning, academic pursuits and accommodations. You will learn to navigate the multiple complex systems within the campus community and serve as your own disability advocate. The more you invest, the more you will gain.


All documentation must come from an appropriate professional: physicians, clinical or educational psychologists, neuropsychologists, learning disability specialist with training and experience in the assessment of learning problems in adults, and licensed mental health professionals.

Individual education plans or IEPs from a former school does not necessarily validate the need for services or continuation of accommodations at the university level. This history can, however, be attached to the current documentation as part of a comprehensive assessment battery.

All documentation should include:

  • Student information including name and date of most recent evaluation
  • Evaluator name, title and credentials
  • History to support diagnosis
  • Assessment information
  • Prescribed medication and any side effects, which may affect the student’s academic functioning, or any other area of the student’s college life


Student Support Services | 251.442.2284 | adacouncil@umobile.edu